I love quotes from famous people. My favorites come from, among others, Winston Churchill and Ronald Reagan. Margaret Thatcher is another, especially when she shook Laurie’s hand at a book signing and said in her proper British accent, “It’s always ever-so-nice to meet young women from across the pond”.
At our last leadership meeting I asked members to find like-minded organizations who believe, as we do, that Marriage is Sacred and a gift of God. Because we all have hearts for marriage, I believe there is no better way for us to do God’s Work than to help others build satisfying marriages that honor God.
In building Godly marriages we equip others to powerfully share the Message of the Gospel.
Here’s some quotes that really resonate with me. Some are from Awe Inspiring Christian Marriage Quotes.
• “Marriage is a willingness to give of yourselves, to the point of what Jesus gave to all of us.” -Anonymous
• “Falling in love is easy, but staying in love is very special.” -Anonymous
• “A real man never stops trying to show a women how much she means to him, even after he’s got her.” -Anonymous
• “I am my beloved and my beloved is mine.” -Song of Solomon 6:3
• “Marriage is getting to have a sleep over with your best friend, every single night of the week.” -Christie Cook
• “Love me when I least deserve it because that is when I really need it.” -Swedish Proverb
• “They slipped briskly into an intimacy from which they never recovered.” -F. Scott Fitzgerald
• “Ladies, a real man does more than pay for you, he prays for you.” -Jarrid Wilson
• “The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds.” -Noah Calhoun
Finally, it was Friedrich Nietzsche who said, "It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages." Perhaps it's bonds friendship above all that make the best of all marriages.
What are you favorite quotes about marriage? Post them in the comment section!